Pages

Tuesday, 30 June 2015

GOOD MORNING and oh my dear lord...

1/7/15

Today, well, this morning (7:53) I have a recipe to share! {GUYS THIS IS ACTUALLY MY RECIPE OMG}

So on Wednesday we have a late start and don't start until 9:20, which is amazing.
I decided that, instead of boring, old cereal, I will make a smoothie!

(I also want to relish this one Wednesday where I don't have netball training which starts at seven!)

Anyway, this smoothie is super delicious, pretty healthy, quick, and a great breakfast! Lets get started!

Ingredients:

  • 1 cup of almond milk - I had to use rice milk as well because some kind soul left only quarter of a cup... 
  • 3/4 of a banana
  • Heaped teaspoon of hot chocolate powder
  • Heaped teaspoon of crunchy peanut butter
  • Good, reasonable swizzle of honey
  • 1 large or 2 smallish fresh dates
  • Ice cubes

Method:
  1. Pour in milk, then tear or cut up the banana and chuck that in as well. 
  2. Add in all the other ingredients (DON'T ADD THE DATES) 
  3. Chop the dates into small pieces.
  4. Blend all ingredients EXCEPT the DATES
  5. While your smoothie is blending, slowly add in the dates, a few at a time. 
  6. Keep blending for 1-2 minutes, or until you think its done.

Honestly, if you add the dates in with the rest of the ingredients, you will find that when you pour your smoothie from the blender into your jar/cup, all the dates will be stuck at the bottom, stuck with the blades, and if you try get them out you'll cut yourself, our you have to take apart the blender, (which I did) and then I scooped out the dates.

Even then, when they were in my drink I had to try suck them up my straw, which didn't work so in the end I just ate them with a spoon. 

Go me.

Also, if you wanna know where I got the jar, I got it at Replete, and I got the paper straws from Living and Giving.

5:37
Today, I heard something that literally made me want to gouge my eyes out with a stick.

It was lunch time, and we went to our usual lunch spot when a couple girls started screaming. There was a cockroach, about 10CM long, with huge legs. We were debating about whether we were going to kill it or not, because apparently the babies come out of their heads if they die...

Anyway these other girls (girly girls) came over and they were scared... M.C (our group) got a leaf and tried to shunt it away, except it wouldn't go away, and the girly group said 'Don't kill it! Isn't it endangered?!' (if you didn't notice this is when I wanted to stab myself)

It is a cockroach. A cockroach. COME ON! How dumb can someone be? I mean, sheesh! I suppose they could get it mixed up with a weta... but still!

{ok. after looking at pictures, no, you cannot mix up a weta and a cockroach. i'm sorry world}

Also, in maths, the two girls that sit behind me (L.T and Z.Q) were basically starting the most hilarious war! L.T was talking in an Australian accent (inside joke), they were pushing each others folders, pencil cases and maths books off the desk, pushing each other off the desk... the teacher got VERY fed up with them near the end of the lesson! To be honest, I'm...
a) nervous to be sitting behind them and
b) not sure how the teacher will cope with them for the rest of the year!
Moving them will probably be the best bet for her, but I hope she doesn't.. Our maths class will never be the same....

Oh! One more thing... you'll like it because it's jelly tip related.
If you're not from NZ then you won't know what a jelly tip is. A jelly tip is a ice-cream, with chocolate coating and the tip is made of jelly. It is a NZ icon and sooooooo good. Obviously the government decided we needed more jelly tip themed food because.... they bammed out the biscuits and the chocolate bar.



The biscuits are so delicious. They are made by Griffins, and are super duper amazing! I can't even describe. Just... can't even.

I haven't tried the chocolate yet but the reviews are really good. A piece of chocolate consists of jelly, white chocolate, and milk chocolate. I CAN'T WAIT TO TRY!!
I'm sorry if you don't live in NZ, well, not really.
But you Americans, and Europeans get your own treats so deal with it. I want to try Jaffa Cakes and Twinkies and I don't know why but I really want to try Pillsbury rolls. So yea.

Good night! L :)

No comments:

Post a Comment