Pages

Saturday, 27 June 2015

Netball, Solar s'mores and the fake DSLR

27/6/15
Hey everyone!
(cough cough no one because why would anyone read this?)

This morning I had netball, and we lost 17-7... We were versing a B team, who were very tall, our coaches weren't there, it was raining, it was cold..... Basically that meant we had an excuse to lose? Anyway I was off for the first half so I decided to take some pictures... But my mum said I can't show them because they have our school name... *cries*


Now I'm just about to go to L.I's (initials so that no creepy people come kill me) house for a science project! We get to make s'mores!!! I've never had them before and I'm SUPER excited because who doesn't love chocolate, marshmallows and digestive biscuits???!!
The only thing sad is that we have to cook them in a solar oven, because science, and currently it is not sunny at all. So the s'mores will probably take like SEVEN HOURS because there is NO SUN and we CANNOT use an oven. But our teacher won't even know so it's all good.

See you soon!

I'M BACK!

Making s'mores was SO MUCH FUN!!! Not to mention delicious, fabulous and... yum!

First we had to make our solar oven, ( video tutorial here, if you don't want to read my bad explanation! ) which we made out of a weet-bix box... and we also tried a smaller box but that didn't work as well...


Once we made the solar oven, we placed in our delicious s'mores!!! We made them with normal digestive biscuits, whittakers chocolate and pascall marshmallows. For our project we needed variation so we did one s'more with the digestive, lindt chocolate and mini marshmallows. In the small box L.I added a chocolate thin (digestive biscuit with chocolate) and a big marshmallow. Once we did that, we propped up the box with a kebab stick and placed them in the sun!!!
After: This was about 45 minutes in the solar oven, and
the chocolate was completely melted!!

The DELICIOUS s'more!!
Before:
                               
         Our conclusion was
A) s'mores are very delicious,
B) The whittakers chocolate melted faster because it had a higher fat content than the lindt chocolate,
C) The chocolate biscuits didn't melt because the had preservatives to make the not melt,
D) 10 year old brothers and parents like eating science projects and,
E) you can't roast marshmallows in a solar oven... (they don't have a grill option)

After, we went to the park near L.I's house, and we found a really cute and tumblr tree.

It just looked really cool, and someone had hammered some planks into the top of the tree, like a tree house, so I climbed all the way to that and sat on top. L.I didn't want to come because she's afraid of heights...
L.I said she couldn't pose... but I think
she can...

Me swinging off the branches!



Me looking like I'm about to fly? Or something!!





























The treehouse at the top







And, also, I was looking in the out-house, where we store random junk, and I found my dad's old SLR camera he used when he was travelling. When I first pulled it out of the bag, I thought it was a DSLR because they look exactly the same, however, I turned it around in my hands and saw that, instead of a screen there was a window where you could see the film. Which, there still was film in.

My excitement was quickly dampened at that fact however I still wanted to figure out how it worked. I took it out of its bag....
                                                                                     This is the body of the camera! As you can see, they look exactly the same as a DSLR!!! And, with a lens on, it looks even more like one!
With the lens on, my dad had three



  However, when you turn it around there is the little hole which shows film. I can't believe there is still film in the camera, my mum says they last used it in 1997-1998!!!

There was a old leather case on the camera as well, which was falling to pieces. The battery had died, unfortunately, however I had fun twisting the lens around and pretending to take photos.

The think is, I feel like an actual photographer when I use it! Just twisting around the lens and zooming and focusing just gives the overall feel!

I am thinking about buying the Canon EOS 1200D, the beginner DSLR, and it's only $498

so the crazy thing is is that I have enough money to buy it!!!


Yayyyy!



Good night! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment